HEADLINES:-

A step by step guide to make hot spicy and sweet plum chutney

Recently I visited to my friend's home and there she showed me a special recipe. This was very tasty and she told me that she got the recipe from another friend. I told her to show me how to prepare that delicious chutney.I learned that day how to prepare that chutney. Hope you enjoy the recipe like me.

Ingredients:

(1) 500g of plums (about 1 1/2 pounds)
(2) 200g of onions (about 3/4 pound)
(3) 75g of raisins (about 3/4 cup)
(4) 200g of light muscovado sugar (1 1/4 cups)
(5) 1/2 tsp of crushed dried chillies
(6) 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
(7) 150ml of apple cider vinegar (5 1/2 fluid ounces)
(8) 150ml of malt vinegar (5 1/2 fluid ounces)
(9) a cinnamon stick broken in two

Preparation Procedure:

The first thing you need to do is halve the plums, discarding the stones. Peel and roughly chop the onions. Put the fruit and the onions into a large heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about an hour. (DO not forget to stir it occasionally as it may catch if you don't and you don't want that to happen!) Pour into hot and sterilized jam jars. Seal.

If you like the recipe feel free to share with others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment